Thursday 18 April 2013

Cruise Phase: Week 4

Cruise Phase:
Week 4
Monday 8th April - Sunday 14th April


Hi everyone! So, after last week's amaaaazing weigh in results it can only be assumed that I have been on top of the world this week. And that is exactly right! Yes, I have had an essay to write, yes I have the stress of many things weighing on my shoulders, but I feel fantastic, healthy, fit and I can even see the results in the clothes I've been wearing. So as my waist line shrinks my confidence gains and each day becomes an adventure rather than a chore. Anyway, I'm rambling, lets get down to the business of food.....good food.

Monday 8th April - Pure Protein

Breakfast: Boiled Eggs

Day 30: Breakfast
 Lunch: Ham Slices, Seafood Sticks and a Chocolate Oat Bran Muffin

No photo for this. The oat bran muffin was from the batch I made last night. My first time trying one.... They weren't exactly nice but the cocoa powder gave it an edible taste. Unfortunately the top of the muffin was burnt (this is the case for all of them), so I had to turn it over and eat the bottom cakey bit. The conclusion is, I won't be making these again, but they will do for now in providing my daily oat bran in take (two muffins equal two tablespoons of oat bran). Let's see how the cinnamon ones taste. I'm not so sure...

Snack: Cinnamon Oat Bran Muffin & Large Vanilla Yoghurt

And I was right. This one lacked in anything really. But there is something moreish about them which curbs my appetite somewhat. The chocolate one's are a lot better though. They'll do......for now!

Dinner: Spicy Sesame Chicken Wrapped in Bacon with a Spicy Omelette


Day 30: Dinner
I absolutely love these kind of dishes, spicy spicy spicy. The sesame seeds were amazing with the chicken. Added a nice texture to it.

Today was a really good day. I tried on a pair of shorts that I wore on New Years Eve last year, which I could no longer fit into. Not only did I fit into these shorts, but they are actually a little bit big for me! Get in! This is the best thing you can do when your losing weight, alongside weighing yourself. It's all well and good knowing how much you have lost, but to be able to really SEE and FEEL the results just gives you that extra confidence boost. I recommend this to anyone dieting. Get your old clothes on and keep trying them on each week until you can fit into them! It's an amazing feeling.

Tuesday 9th April - Protein and Veg

Breakfast: Boiled Eggs and Red Pepper Soldiers


Day 31: Breakfast
Lunch: Smoked Salmon and Quark Salad of Rocket, Tomatoes, Pepper and Cucumber

No photo for this sorry. It was a packed lunch while I was at uni. Was delicious though!

Snack: Orange Herbal Tea and Two Oat Bran Muffins

Dinner: Turkey Curry with Onions, Mushrooms, Garlic and Homemade Tzatziki


Day 31: Dinner
This was a refreshing change to chicken. The turkey was really lean and didn't have any horrible niggly bits which chicken tends to have now. I finished it off with the rest of the homemade chocolate ice cream I made a couple of weeks ago.

Wednesday 10th April - Pure Protein

Breakfast: Fruit 'n' Fibre Breakfast Biscuits

Okay so for the next few days I am really naughty at breakfast time. Breakfast biscuits are not allowed but I am really skint and haven't enough time to make stuff. DO NOT repeat my naughty mistake. I will however, be balancing this by making sure I am really strict in my other meals over the next few days. Hopefully it won't affect my weight loss this week too much.

Lunch: Smoked Salmon and Quark Rolls with Fried Eggs and Seafood Sticks


Day 32: Lunch
Snack: Seafood Sticks and Two Oat Bran Muffins

Dinner: Two Turkey Fillets in Flour with Onions and Garlic and a Creamy Cheese (Quark), Chilli and Cumin Sauce Topped with 5% Cheese, Chives and Parsley


Day 32: Dinner
It doesn't look that appealing but this was really tasty! Give it a try!

Thursday 11th April - Protein and Veg

Breakfast: Fruit 'n' Fibre Breakfast Biscuits

Lunch: Smoked Salmon and Quark Rolls on a Bed of Rocket and Cucumber


Day 33: Lunch
Dinner: Chicken Marinara Made with Tinned Tomatoes, Garlic, Chives, Parsley, Onions, Spices Topped With 5% Cheese


Day 33: Dinner
Nice Italiano! Jus'a like momma used to make! Finished off with a yoghurt, a cup of hot cocoa and some oat bran muffins.

Friday 12th April - Pure Protein

Breakfast: Fruit 'n' Fibre Breakfast Biscuits

Lunch: Smoked Salmon and Quark Rolls with Seafood Sticks

No photo for this, sorry!

Snack: Oat Bran Muffin

Dinner: Sweet and Spicy Soy Chicken


Day 34: Dinner
This was beautiful. I cut a fillet of chicken into strips and for the spicy soy sauce:

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon of oat bran
3 tablespoons of skimmed milk
3 tablespoons of light soy sauce
1 teaspoon of powdered sweetener
1 teaspoon of chilli powder (optional)
4 tablespoons of fat free plain yoghurt
3 cloves of garlic
pinch of salt and ground black pepper

Note: You can add your own spices to your taste.

Fry the chicken in a frying pan for a couple of minutes until cooked on the outside. Mix the salt, pepper, sweetener, milk, and chilli powder in a bowl and add to the pan. Mix the yoghurt, garlic, soy sauce, and oat bran in a bowl, add to the pan and mix well. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until the meat is fully cooked. Serve immediately.

I finished it off with a nice hot cup of cocoa.

Saturday 13th April - Protein and Veg

Breakfast: Oat Bran Cinnamon Porridge

And ye old friend returns!

Lunch: Boiled Egg Salad of Gem Lettuce Leaves, Beetroot, Tomatoes and Cucumber


Day 35: Lunch
Mmmm I love it when my boiled eggs are still runny. This was a gorgeous light lunch.

Dinner: Homemade Carrot, Ginger and Garlic Soup


Day 35: Dinner
Sunday 14th April - Protein and Veg

So today when I woke up my dad was grafting away in the kitchen preparing a gorgeous Sunday lunch so I've decided to have an extra day of protein and veg and I'll spend the next two days on pure protein.

Breakfast: Yoghurt and Tea

Just to save myself for lunch ;)

Lunch: Dukan Sunday Lunch (Roast Chicken, Carrots and Parsnips with Low Salt Chicken Stock)


Day 36: Lunch
Dinner: 'Leftover' Soup with Chicken and Ham and Two Tablespoons of Oat Bran


Day 36: Dinner
This was yesterday's soup but with chicken and ham added. Simple. The oat bran thickened it up which was nice as yesterday it seemed a little thin.

So there you have it! Another week down and......another 2lbs lost, a whopping 17lbs altogether!

And for the photo.....


So even if its just one pound you lose this week. You know that really, that one pound is a hell of a lot! Keep it up!

Thanks for reading....and remember......keep following! :)

Kate x

No comments:

Post a Comment