Tuesday 4 June 2013

Cruise Phase: Week 10

Cruise Phase:
Week 10
Monday 20th May - Sunday 26th May

Hey guys! So another week down, and I am feeling confident and strong. Last week was a little disappointing in terms of my weight loss results (or should I say my lack of weight loss!) but the key is to carry on and be positive and surround yourself with positive people who will keep you motivated and happy. I am going to absolutely push the boundaries this week, and after spending the last day reflecting on the whole diet so far, I have come to the conclusion that previous choices I have made regarding my alternation days, have actually benefited me and my body more than simply alternating between PV and PP daily. And like I said last week, you never know what works for YOU individually until you try out different things. As a result, from this week onward, and until the foreseeable future, I will be using an alternation that works for me, that helps me lose up to 5lbs in one week, which is the alternation of 2 days of PP and one day of PV. It takes a lot of motivation to carry out two days of just PP before being able to eat veg, but you have to do what is right for you and the diet! It's really important that you squeeze the absolute best out of your weight loss, and if it means trying out different ways of alternation, then so be it. But it's important to do what's right for you. If you don't test, you will never solve! I'll also be continuing my crazy ass 30 day challenge (which can be found in week 9 blog), which I hope will allow me to start toning up as I race to shed the last half stone or so :) Fingers crossed!!!!! So, enough of my tips, let's get down to the food.....

Monday 20th May - PP

Breakfast: Cinnamon Oat Bran Porridge

Lunch: Curried Chicken and Egg Salad

Day 72: Lunch
The curry part was made with turmeric, chilli powder, fromage frais and sesame seeds among other bits of seasoning. Lovely.

Dinner: Salmon Fillet with Sweet Soy Marinade

Day 72: Dinner
I got this simple yet tasty marinade recipe online. Was delicious, so give it go!

Sweet Soy Marinade - Ingredients (Serves 1: Adapt for more)
Splash of lemon zest
1 garlic, minced
black pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon of soy sauce
1 heaped teaspoon of sweetener
1 tablespoon of water
1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
1 fillet of salmon

In a bowl, stir all the ingredients together in a bowl before adding to the salmon in an oven proof dish. Cook in the oven for 12-14mins. Serve immediately. Simple!

Tuesday 21st May - PV

Breakfast: Cinnamon Oat Bran Porridge

Lunch: Kate's Homemade Potted Smoked Haddock Pate with Salad

Day 73: Lunch
Oh my God! This was absolutely unbelievable!! And here's how to make it!!

Ingredients (Serves 4)
3 cooked smoked mackerel fillets
150g quark or extra light cream cheese
100g creme fraiche
1 teaspoon of English mustard or dijon mustard
1 lemon, to squeeze
Herbs of your choice (dill, chives, parsley etc)

Mix all of the ingredients together thoroughly. Refrigerate for at least one hour. Serve and enjoy!

Dessert: Choc Mint Vanilla Cream Topped with Cinnamon

Day 73: Dessert
So I have become absolutely obsessed with these chocolate cream desserts, and ever since I had my bad experience with the tofu choc cream, I have been determined to find a way to make a choc cream that tastes just as chocolatey, just as creamy, and just as naughty as a regular chocolate pudding. I created this last week and then realised I didn't even put up any recipe details (SHOCK HORROR), so here it is....you will NOT be disappointed so I suggest you get on board with this as soon as possible because your going to be seeing this more and more!!

Ingredients:
8 tablespoons of fat free greek yoghurt 
4 teaspoons of fat reduced cocoa powder
4 tablespoons of powdered skimmed milk
Half a teaspoon of vanilla essence
Half a teaspoon of peppermint flavouring
4 teaspoons of powdered sweetener

Note: You can add whatever flavouring/essence you want! On this occasion I popped a blob of creme fraiche on top of the cream and tapped some cinnamon on top, but I don't do this all the time. It's good to try different flavours :)

Mix together all the ingredients in a bowl thoroughly until it is all mixed together and it has a creamy mousse consistency. Serve immediately or keep in the fridge for later. Absolutely gorgeous!

Dinner: Cod Gratin with Chestnut and Closed Cup Mushrooms, Sesame Mangetout and Choy Sum.

Day 73: Dinner
This was so delicious. I really thought I was eating something really naughty. This recipe was adapted out of my Dukan bible. I added the sesame and soy mangetout and pak chum, just to add a twist to the dish, but you can add whatever vegetables and sides you want!! Here's how to make the cod gratin:

Ingredients (4 servings):
600g of cod
1 small bunch of thyme
2 onions
4 cloves
2 bay leaves
1 bunch of parsley
400ml of low-salt chicken stock
250g of chestnut and closed cup mushrooms (feel free to use any type of mushrooms you want; the Dukan recipe uses chanterelle mushrooms)
3 garlic cloves
200ml of creme fraiche
2 handfuls of 5% hard cheese, grated
2 handfuls of mange tout
2 choy sum leaves
Salt and black pepper

Heat some water in a casserole dish and place the fish in it along with the thyme, one of the onions studded with the 4 cloves, the bay leaves and a little parsley. Cook for 10 minutes.
Pour 200ml of the chicken stock into a frying pan. Add the mushrooms, having washed them beforehand, season with salt and black pepper and cook until tender.
Take the cod out of the casserole dish and remove the skin and any bones if necessary.
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius/350 degrees farenheit/Gas 4.
Put the crushed garlic and chopped parsley in with the cooked mushrooms. Stir, turn off the heat, cover the pan with a lid, then leave the mushrooms to soak up the flavours while you cook the other onion. 
In a non-stick frying pan, gently cook the other finely chopped onion until softened, then pour in the remaining 200ml stock. Leave to simmer away over a gentle heat until all the water has evaporated. 
Heat the frying pan again with the mushrooms, add the onion and flaked cod, stir, and then work in the creme fraiche. Pour this mixture into a gratin dish, scatter over the cheese and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. 
While the cod gratin is baking, steam the choy sum and mangetout according to the packet instructions.

Enjoy ;)

Wednesday 22nd May - PP

Breakfast: Cinnamon Oat Bran Porridge

Lunch: Ham Slices with Cottage Cheese and Chives and a Lemon Yoghurt

Snack: Kate's Homemade Smoked Haddock Pate Topped with Melted Cheese and Thyme.

Day 74: Snack
Absolutely divine! I topped the pate with some slices of 5% cheese and popped in the microwave.

Dinner: 

Main: Thyme Infused Chicken Stuffed with Cream Cheese Wrapped in Bacon with Two Fried Eggs

Day 74: Dinner
Dessert: Rhubarb Compote Topped with Toffee Yoghurt and Cinnamon

Day 74: Dessert
This is another cheeky recipe from my Dukan bible, though I did add the extra toffee yoghurt and cinnamon for extra taste :)

Ingredients (6 servings)
1kg of rhubarb
6 tablespoons of sweetener (or more according to taste)
20 drops of vanilla essence (or other flavouring of your choice)
1 fat-free toffee yoghurt (optional)
Dash of cinnamon (optional)

Quickly wash the rhubarb and without peeling it chop it up into 1-2cm thick chunks. Put the rhubarb chunks in a colander and sprinkle over the sweetener (I didn't have a colander so I just used a sieve). Let the rhubarb drain for 10 to 15 minutes, reserving the rhubarb liquid. Cook over a gentle heat in its own liquid, taking care to stir at regular intervals. Leave to simmer away like this for about thirty minutes, until you have the consistency you want. Once cooked, add the flavouring, leave to cool a little then puree the compote.

This is a really nice dessert because it tastes very fruity, and when you are without fruit for so long, all you crave is something very flavoursome and fresh - this is exactly what to have in those times. 

Thursday 23rd May - PP

Breakfast: Cinnamon Oat Bran Porridge

Lunch: Ham Slices with Cottage Cheese and a Lemon Yoghurt

Dinner: Baked Salmon Seasoned with Sesame Seeds and Chilli with an Onion, Gherkin and Parsley Salad

Day 75: Dinner
Dessert: Rhubarb Compote Topped with Vanilla Yoghurt and Cinnamon

Day 75: Dessert
Friday 24th May - PV

Breakfast: Cinnamon Oat Bran Porridge

Lunch: Tuna and Radish Salad with Carrot Crisps and a Lemon Yoghurt

Day 76: Lunch
Dinner: Surf 'N' Turf with Seasonal Steamed Vegetables (Restaurant Meal)

Day 76: Dinner
Saturday 25th May - PP

Breakfast: Cinnamon Oat Bran Porridge

Lunch: Ham Slices with Cottage Cheese and a Lemon Yoghurt

Dinner: Cream Cheese Chicken Wrapped in Bacon and Thyme with a Spicy Omelette

Day 77: Dinner
Sunday 26th May - PP

Breakfast: Cinnamon Oat Bran Porridge

Lunch: Ham Slices, Cream Cheese, and a Toffee Yoghurt

Dinner: Chicken Breast Slices Seasoned with Black Pepper, Salt, and Garlic Topped with Gherkins

Day 78: Dinner
So, another week down. And it's true that hard work pays off because I have lost another whopping 3lbs this week!! That brings me down to 10 stone exactly! Not long now guys, I can SEE the finish line!!! It's so close :) But these past couple of weeks haven't been easy. It's been hard mentally, physically and socially and I have had to find strength at times I never thought I'd need it. But I've gotten through it, and not only do I know I can do it, I am actually PREPARED for the final stretch. It's going to be really tough, but if you want it that badly, you will always find a way. And it's just like Bob Marley says:


So stay prepared and keep focused and surround yourself with positive people and you will succeed. Keep on going Dukaners, you can do it :)

Thanks for reading, and remember....

Keep following :)

Thanks,

Kate xx

No comments:

Post a Comment