Monday 17 June 2013

Cruise Phase: Week 12

Cruise Phase:
Week 12
Monday 3rd - Sunday 9th June


And here we are again! Wow, the weeks just seem to be flying by, and here I am 12 weeks in and over two stone lighter. But it isn't over yet. In fact, it is far from over. I still have another 7-13 lbs to lose (depending on how much more my body will give up healthily), and if I want to reach this by, AT LEAST 10th July, (the 4 month mark), then I need to pull out all the stops which will allow me to get this last stubborn stone out of my life! So over the next few weeks you might see more PP days than PV days, as I work my absolute arse off to get to the size I have always dreamed of being :)

Monday 3rd - PP

Breakfast: Boiled Eggs

Lunch: Grilled Shark and Seared Beef Skewers

I ate out today for lunch with a friend. The shark and beef skewers were two separate tapas dishes. Unfortunately I didn't take any photos however it was absolutely delicious and I think I will have to think about creating a shark dish of my own at home :) watch this space!

Dinner

Main: Chilli, Garlic, Lime, Ginger Chicken with Onions, Gherkins and Boiled Eggs

Day 86: Main
Dessert: Homemade Mint Choc Vanilla Cream

Day 86: Dessert
See week 10 for this easy recipe!

Tuesday 4th - PP

Breakfast: Cinnamon Oat Bran Porridge followed by Bacon and Eggs

Lunch: Ham Slices with Fat Free Cottage Cheese

Dinner

Main: Chilli Cod in Stock with Bacon and Onions

Day 87: Dinner
Dessert: Homemade Choc Cream

Wednesday 5th - PV

Breakfast: Cinnamon Oat Bran Porridge

Lunch: Ham and Cottage Cheese Salad with a Fat Free Vanilla Yoghurt

Day 88: Lunch
Dinner: Chicken Breast Fillet with Tomatoes, Peppers and Sicilian Eggplant Lasagne

Day 88: Dinner
Thursday 6th - PV

Breakfast: English Breakfast

Day 89: Breakfast
Lunch: Salmon and Broccoli Soup

Day 89: Lunch
This was absolutely delicious. Taken from the official Dukan Diet site here is the recipe....

Ingredients
2 large leeks, halved and finely sliced
1 bay leaf
1kg broccoli, diced
1l chicken or vegetable stock
100ml low fat buttermilk
200g smoked salmon , cut into strips
small bunch chives , snipped

Heat the butter in a large saucepan and add the leeks and bay leaf. Cook over a low heat for 8-10 mins or until the leek is really soft, then stir through the broccoli. Pour over the stock and buttermilk and bring to the simmer, then gently bubble for 10-15 mins until the broccoli is really tender. Add two-thirds of the smoked salmon, stir through and season. Serve the soup in deep bowls with the remaining smoked salmon and snipped chives on the top. "

Enjoy!! :)
 
Dinner: Peppered Chicken with Salmon and Broccoli Mousse

Day 89: Dinner
For this I used some of the left-over soup (that had been stored in the fridge for a few hours) and added some fat free fromage frais until the consistency became creamy. What I should have done was then refrigerate the mousse for one hour before eating, but I had somewhere to be and had to eat straight away, that's why it still looks a little watery.

Friday 7th - PP

Breakfast: Cinnamon Oat Bran Porridge

Lunch: Ham Slices and Cottage Cheese

Dinner: Chicken Slices, Seafood Sticks, King Prawns and a Vanilla Yoghurt

Day 90: Dinner

Saturday 8th - PP

Breakfast: Cinnamon Oat Bran Porridge

Lunch: Ham Slices and Cottage Cheese with Chives

Dinner: Smoked Haddock Wrapped in Bacon with Boiled Eggs

Day 91: Dinner
Sunday 9th - PV

Breakfast: Cinnamon Oat Bran Porridge

Lunch: Chicken Breast, Cockles, Seafood Sticks and a Yoghurt

Dinner (Restaurant)

Starter: Mussels in Low Salt Stock

Day 92: Starter
Main: Surf 'N' Turf with Mushrooms, Tomatoes and Salad

Day 92: Dinner
So that's it! I apologise that this week doesn't have much recipe information. It's been a busy week but I'll make sure I keep trying new things and posting up the recipe details so you can have a go. Also, if you have tried something interesting please post a comment with the details as I love to hear of new things to create :)

This week I've lost another 2lbs so I'm really close :) but it's not over yet! But just remember....


Thanks for reading, and remember...

...keep following :)

Kate x

No comments:

Post a Comment