Tuesday 12 March 2013

Attack Phase: Day 3

Tuesday 12th March:
Day 3

I love waking up to a sunny morning! The sun is shining and, although I have a lot of uni work to do, I can't help but just want to get outside and soak in those rays! But first, time for some breakfast:

Breakfast: Dippy Eggs and Chicken Shoulders

I boiled two eggs (and two for daddy), and fried some strips of chicken breast in a pan with a couple of sprays of extra virgin olive oil spray. It feels strange cooking chicken for breakfast but once I get that lovely smell coming from them I know I'm in for a tasty treat...

Day 3: Breakfast

So for some reason, daddy's were, and I quote him, "as runny as me nose on a winters morning". But in that small time it took me to plate up my chicken, while my eggs were still in the boiling water, they became hard boiled, a minor disappointed, since I looooove my eggs runny. But all in all it was a really tasty breakfast. The chicken shoulders really filled me up, which is the most important thing. I admit it was a tad dry but I reckon that's down to the eggs being overcooked. So, the verdict is, with runny eggs, this dish is certainly not a yolk of a breakfast...hehe.

So today I feel like doing some light exercise as I haven't since starting the diet, so I decide to do a few lengths at the pool. Swimming is a brilliant form of exercise and it hardly even feels like your working out, you just glide through the water. Being low impact I wasn't tired out after it; I actually felt even more energised. Perfect to get me through the long night ahead (the first public showing of King Lear is tonight!!).

When I get back I make lunch, and I include my oat bran intake in this meal, in the form of a galette, however this time I experiment with different spices to make it that little bit more tasty. And my, what a result! Here it is:

Lunch: Smoked Salmon on a Seasoned Oat Bran and Chive Galette with a Prawn and Cottage Cheese Accompaniment

Day 3: Lunch

It's official, I have finally achieved a scrumptious galette! It's a Dukan miracle! All I added to the regular ingredients was half a teaspoon of cumin, half a teaspoon of celery salt, half a teaspoon of curry powder and some chopped live chives. It was so tasty. I am so happy I can actually enjoy oat bran now as a savoury dish, although I will still experiment with some tasty desserts :)

So I totally forgot about having a snack in between lunch and dinner so instead I just ate a couple of seafood sticks and drank a can of diet coke before dinner. And boy was my dinner a tasty mother! I think I'm starting to get the hang of this....finally!

Dinner: House Special Curry (Beef, King Prawn and Chicken)

No I did not make a mistake. Yes I mean a CURRY! Now, whoever said that you couldn't have a great tasting "just like the Chinese takeaway" curry should hang their head in shame because I totally did it with this dish, and it was, if I may say so myself, even better than the curry you get at the Chinese takeaway. All I did was look over my Dukan Bible at all the 72 foods allowed, used my brain, and my creativity to create a gorgeous meal! And here's how I did it:

Ingredients:
1 beef fillet, sliced into strips
1 chicken breast, sliced into strips
A handful of cooked and peeled king prawns
3 tablespoons of fat free fromage frais
1 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon of curry powder
1/4 teaspoon of tumeric
1/4 teaspoon of ground cumin
Pinch of black pepper

Fry the onions in a frying pan for 5 minutes. Add the beef and chicken to the pan and fry for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and fry for a further 5 minutes. Add the cumin and tumeric and fry for 2 minutes. Add the fromage frais and simmer for 5 minutes.

And here it is (it tasted much better than it looked):

Day 3: Dinner

I finished it off with a lovely Muller light fat-free Greek yoghurt - which is my absolute saviour in the times I have a craving for something sweet and creamy. Yum. And just to note it, at the theatre I had a cup of tea and as I write this I indulge in a camomile tea to sooth my throat and settle me down for peepies.

I think the main thing to take from today is that I didn't let the diet get the better of me in terms of the limitations. I focused on the foods that I can have and took it from there, experimenting and not being afraid to try out things. However, I have also come to realise that I am starting to eat the same foods, soooo, to stop it becoming monotonous, I'm going to start mixing it up good and proper from now on, and get some more life into my meals, starting with fish and shellfish, since I absolutely love fish!

Anyway, time for my slumber. Thanks for reading and remember....keep following :)

No comments:

Post a Comment