Friday 15 March 2013

Attack Phase: Day 5

Thursday 14th March:
Day 5

I struggle to keep my eyes open this morning. All this King Lear business has the life of me and I'm just so god damned tired. As I peel open my eyes I know in my mind, heart and gut that I need a proper hearty breakfast to get my day going! So, what better way than a good fry up?:

Breakfast: Low Fat Bacon Slices Topped With Eggs Sunny Side Up Completed With a Chive Smile

Day 5: Breakfast


And look, it's happy to see you :) - I may not have my energy yet but at least I have my sense of humour! I absolutely love eggs and the bacon was such a lovely treat, making me forget I was even on a diet. Gorgeous. I made my daddy breakfast at the same time, although his turned out a little different:

War of the breakfasts
So I thought I'd just show you this to give you a little perspective. I thought making my daddy's would make me miss the toast, and the mushrooms and all the other trimmings that full English breakfasts usually come with, but if you take a look, there's not really much to miss. My eggs look better and so does my bacon (although you can't see them, they are gorgeous thick pieces with no horrible fat on them) and the mushrooms just look a bit limp to me. Now, I'm sure it was tasty, and as my dad tucked in with delight I knew that he thought it was tasty, but in hindsight there really isn't much to miss. So STAY STRONG, because in the end it will all pay off! 

And as the day progresses, it gets even better! Check out my lunch:

Lunch: Antipasto of Tuna, Cottage Cheese With Chives, Mussels, Smoked Salmon and Ham Slices

Day 5: Lunch

A delicious simple lunch. You can't really go wrong! End of. Now for dinner...

Dinner: Crispy Onion Mustard Chicken 

Day 5: Dinner
Now, unfortunately I leave making dinner a little to the last minute and spend my last moments I have before I have to leave for the theatre, running around the kitchen like a headless chicken, whilst cooking a headless chicken (haha!), so tonight's dinner is a bit of a cop out. I was meant to grate the onions in order to get the 'crispiness' however I forgot to do that, so this is how it came out. It was nice, but it felt more like fast food than dinner. I help it go down with a cup of hot water and lemon. When I get to the theatre, I begin eating my muller light yoghurt, and one of the cast members calls me on it, asking if I am allowed it as part of my diet. I say yes taken aback, and she advises me that although it says 'fat free' it is absolutely packed with sugar so eating them three times a day could probably prolong weight loss. I'm glad she tells me and I make sure that I will cut down my intake of them. Always take advice from others around you even if you feel it may not be true, look it up and take it on board because you never know....

So, I apologise for this entry being particularly shorter than usual, life seems to have got in the way and I am suddenly finding it hard to get precious time at the moment. But fear not, the shows are over soon and I will soon be back to my chatty self!

Ciao for now, and remember.........keep following :)

No comments:

Post a Comment